top of page
In 1946, James M. Hipsher (Jim) started a business in Wabash, Indiana building tools and components for nearby manufacturing industries and thus laid the ground work for the future Hipsher Tool & Die, Inc. A converted barn served as a workshop where Jim was the only employee. The business grew to employ 7 additional employees by 1955 when Jim's eldest son, James R. Hipsher (Jimmy) joined the family business. A fire in late November, 1957 prompted the need for a new location. The Hipshers purchased a property and built a new building on North Cass Street.
bottom of page